Stressed out from holiday gift shopping and can’t afford the amazing Lush Bath Bombs? Well don’t fret, there’s a solution — Make Your Own! If you are like me, you may be thinking “too much work” or “when do I have time for that?!?!”, but Stop Right There! You deserve it! Plus it only took me like 5 minutes to make them because the longest part of making them is waiting for them to dry. Therefore, there is no excuse for making them because it can be done using simple household ingredients and essential oils that you can get from me! Bath bombs aren’t just fun and an easy way to enjoy the benefits of essential oils. They are also entertaining to use, have you used one before? It Fizzes!!!! Don’t have time to take care of yourself and take a nice relaxing bath? Then I suppose you can ignore what your body needs and just use the bath bomb while you shower as it’ll still release the aroma of the essential oils into the steam.
So let’s get started!
1 cup citric acid (Found on Amazon)
1 cup baking soda
½ cup cornstarch
Bath Bomb mold (Found on Amazon)
½ cup doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
8-10 drops favorite essential oil (EO) or blend
*Author’s Note: I made Liquid Xanax (Balance® and Serenity® EO Blends) and Elevating Eucalyptus (Elevation® EO Blend and Eucalyptus EO)
- In bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and oil.
- Add 8-10 drops of the essential oil or essential oil blend of your choice.
- Mix well with spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand. If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until consistency is correct.
- At this point, you may add food coloring (I used cosmetic color powder), dried herbs, or flower petals to mixture. *Note: I put marigold and chamomile in the Liquid Xanax and Rose Petals in Elevating Eucalyptus
- Place mixture in bath bomb molds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mold. Here are some examples of how mine looked while drying (Liquid Xanax on the left and Elevating Eucalyptus on the right):
- Optional Step: After Bath Bombs are dried, seal them in bags and place in a fun container.
- To use, drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.
Note: You can choose any combination of essential oils to best suit your needs. For relaxation, try Lavender or Serenity®. For a mood boost, try Elevation, Citrus Bliss®, or Peppermint.